Date and Time of Meeting: Wednesday, February 13, 2019 1:00 PM
Location of Meeting: 200 NW 5th Street, Okeechobee, FL 34972
I. Supervisor Corona called the February 13, 2019 meeting to order at 1:05pm
II. Roll Call, establish quorum
BOARD of SUPERVISORS:
☒ Mariano Corona, Chairman
☒ Glynn Rutledge, Secretary-Treasurer
☒ Douglas Burnham, Supervisor
☒ Don Sellers, Jr., Supervisor
☒ Nicki Smith, Supervisor
III. Motion to approve the November 14, 2018 Board Minutes (Smith/Sellers). Unanimous.
IV. Motion to approve the Financial Report- Fiscal Year-to-Date (Burnham/Sellers). Unanimous.
V. Staff Reports
1. OSWCD – Ms. Audrey Kuipers gave updates on all Board programs and functions.
2. NRCS – Mr. Howard Harrison gave upates on Farm Bill Programs and the Field Office.
3. FDACS – Ms. Mikayla Allison gave updates of FDACS-OAWP programs and mail-out efforts. Focus this quarter are the producer completion of Conservation Practice Self- Certification Reports
VI. Unfinished Busines- none
VII. New Business
1. Motion to approve the Educator Grant Application- Okeechobee AgVenture Inc. for
$2500.00 (Burnham/Smith). Unanimous.
2. Motion to approve the Soil Trailer Policy presented and offer rental at no charge (Sellers/Smith). Unanimous.
VIII. Upcoming Events
1. Area Land Judging, Wednesday, February 20, 2019
2. Poster Contest Deadline- Wednesday, March 6, 2019
IX. Supervisor Corona adjourned the meeting at 2:15pm. Ms. Kuipers called for an Executive Meeting with the Board to discuss personnel matters.