Date and Time of Meeting: Wednesday, October 9, 2019 1:00 PM
Location of Meeting: 200 NW 5th Street, Okeechobee, FL 34972
- Supervisor Corona called the meeting to order at 1:13pm
- Roll Call, establish quorum
|BOARD of SUPERVISORS:|
|☒ Mariano Corona, Chairman|
|☒ Glynn Rutledge, Secretary-Treasurer|
|☐ Douglas Burnham, Supervisor|
|☒ Don Sellers, Jr., Supervisor|
|☒ Nicki Smith, Supervisor|
3. Motion to approve September 11, 2019 Board Minutes (Smith/Sellers). Motion passed.
4.Motion to approve Financial Report- FY 19 Fiscal Year (Sellers/Smith). Motion passed.
5. Staff Reports
- OSWCD Program Updates– Ms. Audrey Kuipers gave programs updates.
- NRCS Program Updates– Mr. Howard Harrison gave program updates.
- FDACS Program Updates– Ms. Kuipers gave program updates.
- Florida Farm Bureau-Gary Ritter, Asst Director Gov’t & Community Affairs was not able to attend but sent information to the share to the Board regarding upcoming rule changes.
6. Unfinished Business
- Motion to approve the FY 20 Proposed Budget (Sellers/Rutledge). Motion passed.
- Ms. Kuipers presented the FY 20-24 Stategic Plan. Action item: Board would like to explore the possibility of a community garden.
- Ms. Kuipers presented a two week training plan to Raulie Raulerson (FDACS) for the Technician positions. Mr. Raulerson agreed to work with her on conducting it. Positions have been advertised at several college/universities and on the OSWCD website.
8. Upcoming Events
- October 24, 2019| AFCD Agency Workshop | Sebring | 10AM
- November 13, 2019 | Board of Supervisor Meeting | 1pm
- December 1, 2019 | Board of Supervisor Meeting | 1pm
- February 8-12, 2020 | NACD Annual Meeting | Las Vegas, NV
- Adjournment at 2:30pm.